The Train-the-Trainer event with the topic «English as Medium of Instruction» has taken place at FH Dortmund on 14-18th of November. The event was organized in 2 thematic streams, offered
ViMaCs: Virtual Master Cooperation Data Science
Project-ID: 57513461 (Phase 1), 57602060 (Phase 2)
The project creates the necessary conditions for the Ukrainian partners for digital and virtual teaching and learning infrastructure in the area of data science, which is very important for digital transformation. In relation to the funding objectives of the call for proposals, ViMaCs contributes to establishing the model of the virtual cross-border Master School as a cooperation and internationalization instrument in Ukraine.
The core of the project is the development and implementation of a digital teaching and learning offer in the field of the versatile and highly up-to-date “Data Science” by developing an innovative and inherently digitized structure of a Master School.
01.10.2019 – 30.09.2021 (Phase 1), 01.12.2021 – 30.11.2023 (Phase 2)
DAAD funding programme: Supporting the internationalization of Ukrainian universities: Shaping the Digital Future Together 2021-2023
Dortmund University of Applied Sciences and Arts (FH Dortmund)
- Establish a new model of a “Digital Education Ecosystem (DEE)” for Ukraine.
- Development of the consortium activities of the ViMaCs;
- Development of four cross-border Master-Level-Modules for training in the framework of Data Science;
- Joint organisation of Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter Schools as cross-border courses;
- Development and implementation of a digital infrastructure for joint teaching, learning, and virtual mobility of students and staff;
- Exchange of students, lecturers, and staff between the partners.
Development of the Data Science Learning Modules:
- Business Intelligence and Decision Making;
- Data Acquisition and Processing;
- Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics;
- Cloud Based Data Processing Systems.
Implementation of the IT cluster with the focus on:
- Collection and processing of business data and data-based decision-making;
- Collection of technical data and the processing of large amounts of data;
- On artificial intelligence and neural networks, e.g. for biomedical data.
Pilot Teaching in form of:
- Winter School;
- Spring School;
- Summer School;
- Autumn School.
Development of the training programme:
- eLearning module “ViMaCs Train-the-Trainer” for Didactics and
- eLearning module “ViMaCs IT Infrastructure” for university staff.
Development of the advisory services:
- Student Journey Configurator;
- Mobility Planner.
- Fachhochschule Dortmund (FH Dortmund), Dortmund, Germany;
- Kyiv National University of Construction and Architecture (KNUCA), Kyiv, Ukraine;
- Lviv Polytechnic National University (LPNU), Lviv, Ukraine;
- National University “Zaporizhzhia Polytechnic” (NU-ZP), Zaporizhzhia, Ukraine;
- West Ukrainian National University (WUNU), Ternopil, Ukraine.
All partner organisations have the possibility to access the project supporting tools and cloud repository.
To enter Nextcloud (follow)
NextCloud – content online collaboration platform.
To enter Confluence (follow)
Confluence – collaboration wiki tool.
To enter Jira (follow)
Jira – software to manage and track projects.