European Partnership for Project and Innovation Management
The Project, supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), is a project about internationalisation. Within this project the existing relationships to the universities in Bilbao, Leuven, Kaunas and Trondheim are developed into strategic partnerships.
These partnerships are based on joint Master‘s programmes in the field of Project and Innovation Management and Engineering as well as the corresponding research in these subjects. The target is to strengthen these partnerships with an offer of joint modules, e.g. Summer Schools, Block Weeks, Workshops, Cross Border Projects, eLearning, Case Studies, Conferences, etc. The main focus is on processes, methods and tools in Project and Innovation Management, mainly related to Engineering, IT and Business Development. This will also lead to an increase of the exchange of students, lecturers and academic staff. There is also the possibility of joint supervised theses or doctorate programmes.
Prof. Dr. Carsten Wolff
Clara Decelis Grewe, M.A.
Our Partners in Europe
Our Partners in Dortmund
European Master in Project Management (EuroMPM)
– since 2007 4 and 3 sem. English Language Master’s Programme
– Business Faculty and Computer Science Faculty
– Sister programmes in Bilbao, Kaunas and Trondheim
– Double Degree Agreements with Kaunas, Kiev and Ternopil
Master Embedded Systems for Mechatronics
– since 2014 4 sem. English Language Master’s Programme
– ICT and EEng. Faculty and Computer Science Faculty
– Sister programmes in Bilbao, Leuven and Kaunas
Ruhr Master School of Applied Engineering
– since 2013 a cooperation of the Bochum University of Applied Sciences, the University of Applied Sciences and Arts Dortmund and the Westphalian University of Applied Sciences
– joint Summer Schools, Conferences, Workshops, etc. within 15 Master ́s Programmes
IDiAL – Institute for Digital Transformation of Application & Living Domains
– since 2016 the first institute at the University of Applied Sciences and Arts Dortmund
– currently more than 40 members of staff on research projects
– research associates include 18 universities postgraduates in cooperative doctoral studies with partner universities like TU Dortmund, the Hagen Open University, and the universities of Bielefeld, Kassel and Paderborn
The University of Applied Sciences and Arts Dortmund
With its about 13.000 students, the University of Applied Sciences and Arts in Dortmund is the biggest of its kind within the Ruhr Area. Its educational mission is, amongst others, to support the structural change of the Ruhr Area from an industrialised society to a society of knowledge by focusing on the practical implementation of scientific findings. The University of Applied Sciences and Arts counts seven departments which address the upcoming tasks related to this changes like spatial and edificial aspects (department of Architecture), communication (department of Design), engineering sciences (department of Communication Technology, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering), IT (department of Information Technology) and social as well as economic challenges (department of Social Sciences and Economic Sciences). The expectations are that three major factors will shape their current work and upcoming tasks and shift the University’s role from a regional to an internationally connected institution: Diversity, Interdisciplinary and Internationality.